Friday, December 7, 2007

SASSY ENTERTAINMENT PERSONALITY FLAMZE TALKS "SEX, DRUGS & ENTERTAINMENT"

Photo's By: Icey Jace
Jampress Writer: Icey Jace
In the year 2000 Harlem born rapper Camron released his second full length album under the title S.D.E >> Sports, Drugs and Entertainment as it was thought at the time each was dependent on the other. Though highly controversial the album went on to sell gold and was the door opener for the now Diplomat Records C.E.O. Several years later and thousands of miles away here in Kingston Jamaica one of local Radio Station RJR 94FM’s sexiest young Personality Sidony Smith more popularly known as Flamze has decided to break the ice on S.D.E in her own special way replacing her views on Sports with her rather interesting views on Sex . At 26 Flamze is a familiar face that can be seen hosting major stage show events as well as chairing Press Launches and Album Releases, she even has her own evening program fitting called “Catch A Fyah” which air’s Monday to Saturday 1-5 PM. Speaking openly in a recent interview on each topic she gave revealing details about her Sex Life, personal views on the illegal Drug Marijuana as well as her vision for the local Entertainment Industry. Below are excerpts from the actual interview recorded on Sunday December 2nd, The Full length interview can be heard on her myspace page.

Interviewer
Tuff Question, kinda cheeky but tell me, when was the last time Flamze had Sex?
FLAMZE
About the end of August, but by the time this interview comes out I’ll be having sex. YES…….. (Laughs)
Interviewer
Aright how important is sex in your relationships?
FLAMZE
It’s very important but at the same time I don’t put it on a pedestal and say “oh my god if this relationship doesn’t have sex it’s not gonna happen”.
Interviewer
Talk to me about your Sex Life now, is the Sex Life good?
FLAMZE
Very good, (laughs), yes very very good I have no complaints im comfortable with a guy with his off days, its not everytime I want the whole Marathon hour, half hour, forty five minute thing. If its two minute we good, just make it count.(laughs)

Interviewer
Ok on to Drugs, have you ever smoked Marijuana?
FLAMZE
I have, I’ve tried it, I didn’t like the feeling it gave me because it mek mi feel I’m not in control of the situation. I started crying and it was a horrible experience for me so although I’m a Rass I don’t really burn weed.
Interviewer
Do you think Marijuana should be commercialized and be readily available in stores and pharmacies?”
FLAMZE
Yes and No, Yes because it would eliminate a lot of police work quite frankly, lol all the raids on ganja field and farms but at the same time the people who control the money side of Marijuana are gonna loose and you know what that means.
Interviewer
Ok Entertainment, what do you think about the quality of dancehall at the moment?”
FLAMZE
I think it can be better, I think there’s way too much violence and I’m speaking about it from a Disc Jockeys perspective. I don’t like the derogatory comments made about women, I don’t like to see sex promoted way out of control, its like too “In Your Face”. Dancehall can be conscious; a lot of people think that its only reggae music that’s conscious but I Octane and Teflon for instance “Gun Rise” was a good conscious song.
Interviewer
With the formation of RIAJAM and even the Teen Choice Awards do you think the industry in becoming more professional in carrying out the music?”
FLAMZE
Definitely and it’s a good thing, because we found in the past that a lot of artists have lost out on the financial side because they didn’t know what to do, so you’ll find artists are becoming way more knowledgeable.
Interviewer
At the moment what artists are you really impressed with?”
FLAMZE
There’s quite a number of them but first up I have to represent for the ladies, I love Etana and what she’s doing, the positive toll she’s starting to take on the music, I’m really impressed with Macka Diamond, I think she stepped out of the typical dancehall woman title when she wrote a book. I love and respect the work of artist like Bugle because he’s so humble and he took the time to grow and now he’s reaping the rewards of his years of work.

TO SEE FLAMZE LATEST PHOTO SHOOT CHECK OUT HER HI5 PAGE / MYSPACE LINK.

No comments: